The average wedding costs $33,900. Get a quote now and let us plan you a beautiful elopement, while saving you over $28,000
The Wedding Bowl Cuvier Park
About the Venue
The Wedding Bowl in Cuvier Park is a lovely grassy area next to La Jolla Beach. This is a versatile spot for your ceremony as you hold the ceremony in the bowl and then head to the cliffs and beach for photos. We really love our ceremonies here!
Scroll down for more photos!
- This spot does require a reservation. The cost is $174 and they only issue one permit a day. This will reserve your slot for a 4-hour period of time. We advise you apply as early as possible to ensure you're able to get The Wedding Bowl on the date you are hoping: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/regional/shoreline/cuvier
- This spot does allow chairs and archways though it's not included in our package or their reservation. That will be an additional cost/reservation.
- Parking can be tricky in the area so we advise you Uber or show up extra early for your ceremony time.
- We don't advise ceremonies in the middle of the day here as there isn't much shade and it can get hot! Before 11am or after 5:30pm are usually the best times for ceremonies and lighting for photos.
- Even with a reservation, this spot is public so there may be onlookers or applauders nearby. Most people, however, are very respectful.
- The Wedding Bowl allows up to 40 guests.