The average wedding costs $33,900. Get a quote now and let us plan you a beautiful elopement, while saving you over $28,000
Emerald Bay State Park Lookout
About the Venue
Emerald Bay is definitely Lake Tahoe’s gem. Here you’ll find a green-blue-turquoise bay encircled by glistening mountain peaks. The bluff offers a stunning view of the bay and Fannett Island. You can come here any time of year to savor the true seasonal show the Lake Tahoe puts on among the cedar, fir, and pine trees. Emerald Bay is a National Natural Landmark and one of the first underwater parks of its type in California. Permit fees apply.
Scroll down for more photos!
- The best time of day to have your ceremony is before 12:30 PM for the best lighting. It can get a bit chilly in the shadows beyond then.
- While there are many spots you can walk or hike to (and depending on the time of day) this can be an extremely high volume spot, meaning you may have on-lookers during your ceremony.
- Parking can be a challenge as there are limited spaces available. We recommend carpooling!
- There are no restrooms on-site.
- If you're looking for the most privacy, we recommend performing your ceremony here at sunrise.
- There is a $150 permit fee.
- The permit allows for a maximum time of 30 minutes at the lookout. There are parking spots off the road and in the Forest Service trailhead lot.
- The maximum group size is 15 people, this includes you two and your vendors. If you book the Seed Package, you can have 12 guests. Sprout/Bloom, 11 guests. Oasis, 9 guests.
- The lookout is sometimes unavailable during the winter months due to road conditions and avalanche danger.
- No dogs are allowed.