The average wedding costs $33,900. Get a quote now and let us plan you a beautiful elopement, while saving you over $28,000
Elope on a ferry
About the Venue
A free elopement on a Washington State Ferries ride from Seattle to one of the Puget Sound's islands is almost too good to be true. Keep your guest count small, and select a ride during less busy commuter times. All you have to do is work with your officiant and find a scenic spot on deck!
Scroll down for more photos!
- Washington State Ferries captains are not allowed to legally perform weddings, however couples are allowed to get married by an officiant of their choice.
- Ferries are open to the public at all times: Washington State Ferries do not offer private changing rooms or separate event space on the ferry. For this reason, small wedding parties during non-commuter sailings are recommended.
- Outside catering and alcohol policy: All alcohol must be purchased and consumed in the galley. Wedding parties may not bring outside caterers or alcoholic beverages on board.
- We recommend no more than 10 guests.
- Well-behaved dogs on-leash allowed.
- Restrooms are onboard.
- Almost all ferries have passenger car and bicycle space for you to continue onward wherever you're heading.
- Consider an intimate island retreat after your ferry ride!