The average wedding costs $33,900. Get a quote now and let us plan you a beautiful elopement, while saving you over $28,000
1910 Harris County Courthouse
About the Venue
This historic building (you guessed it, built in 1910!) is an excellent example of Neoclassic architecture. Renovated in 1950 and again in 2010, this piece of history offers a stunning backdrop for your vows. No need to bring your own officiant here - the courthouse will take care of that! Our photographer will gladly shoot your courthouse elopement so you can share your big day for years to come!
Scroll down for more photos!
- Please follow these four steps to schedule a ceremony at the City of Houston Municipal Courts:
- Please obtain a Marriage License PRIOR to scheduling a ceremony at the City of Houston. View Licensing locations.
- Once you have obtained a Texas-issued marriage license, complete the online form below to schedule your ceremony. A City of Houston representative will contact you within 48 hours to discuss the details of the ceremony and to confirm your date of marriage.
- On the scheduled date of the ceremony, payment of the $100 fee is required. Payment must be completed at the Public Service Counter, located on the 1st floor of the Herbert W. Gee Municipal Courthouse at 1400 Lubbock Street, Houston, TX 77002. A limited number of weddings are available on Saturday mornings ONLY for a fee $150.
- The wedding ceremony may be performed as soon as 72 hours after the purchase of the marriage license, but not after 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Wedding ceremonies are offered in both English and Spanish.
- Guests are welcome, but please limit the number of guests to 8.